Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Investing in Experience: UP INVST | IPOV


Hi guys! I am back!


As I've said in my previous post, I really want to continue doing this blog, and so, here's my post about my UP Invst adventure with my friends, Mikee (left) and Jela (Center).  Yup, the little girl on the right is me.



After 2 research rounds we got a chance to a apart of the 5 finalists of UP INVST. We were then given roughly around a week to practice for our presentation which was held on PSE Ortigas last December 10, 2016. Thankfully our professors and the department was supportive enough to excuse us from our class so that we may prepare for the finals.



It was my first time joining a competition and I was really nervous because we were competing against students from ADMU and UP-D but we still manage to piece out a 10-min presentation for our case.


By the time, we were on the venue, I kept freaking out and forgetting my lines. I remember stuttering a few times while delivering my parts but I was generally surprised that 15 minutes (with a Q & A portion) came by so fast.



After that, we were able to rest for a few minutes before they announce the winners, and we were really surprised to be called on stage! We won 2nd runner up and won a cash prize!





All in all it was a good experience. I really encourage students to just go and join extra curricular or competitive activities because they will be able to challenge you beyond how the four corners of the classroom can ever do and remember, there's no harm in trying out new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment